Today I'm sharing with you all the last OOTD of 2015, a denim shirt dress. A shirt dress is an elongated shirt which is worn as a dress and I find it really sexy as it gives the illusion of being dressed up without pants. :D The most amazing part of shirt dresses are that they can be worn in a million ways all year round.
I remember, I wanted a shirt dress real bad but couldn't find the right one. During my hunt I came across this shirt dress online, the indigo color and the light denim material made me instantly click on the buy now button. After receiving the product I wasn't really happy with the big arm holes which is actually trending right now. I personally don't believe in following trends blindly. So the dress remained somewhere stacked below a pile of clothes in my wardrobe until recently when I thought of wearing it as an outerwear beneath a mustard yellow knit. I ditched the belt, which came along with the dress as I wanted more of a laid back casual look.
Coming to the accessorizing part, I have added a tattoo choker necklace, a very popular 90s trend which has made a comeback. Camel backpack and tan combat shoes completed the look. To break the monotonous combination of neutral colors, I wore Mac Rebel, which is a purple-fuchsia shade. Also, not to forget the most important part of the look, the fedora hat. I love collecting hats and I recently bought a beret, can't wait to flaunt it in my next blog post.
Here are a few ways on how to make the most of your shirt dress:
- Add a few fun accessories like a scarf or a hat to pep up the look.
- Layer your shirt dress over a colorful sweater or a printed shirt.
- To combat the cold weather, add a leather jacket or a blazer over it and accessorize it with combat boots.
- Keep it casual by pairing it with your super comfy slip on sneakers.
- For everyday work look, add a sleek belt to highlight your waistline. You can also pair a shorter shirt dress with leggings for a more winter appropriate look.
Photo Credits: Pranay Ghosh
Wishing you all a very happy new year!
Shirt dress, knit top, fedora, sunnies: F21