Today's post is about a casual outfit which I recently wore for a quick bite followed by shopping!
I wore an over sized t-shirt with a crew neck line in a vibrant yellow shade. The reason why I bought this t-shirt is the slogan on it which is so relatable. I totally feel overdressed all the time as I literally dress up like I'm going to a red carpet event or some homeless drug addict, nothing in between. :P I'm a big hoarder of such graphic tees and when paired right, this basic t-shirt can definitely become a style statement.
A few tips from my side on ways to wear your basic t-shirt and up the style quotient:
- Now that there is a chill in the air, layer your basic tee with a sleek jacket in a bold color.
- Add a statement neck piece, a dainty rhinestone chain or multi-layer silver ones, to go from plain to glam.
- Pair your t-shirt with an elegant midi skirt for a casual street chic look. Midi skirts were a rage last season so I'm sure we all have quite a fabulous few in our wardrobe.
- Ripped or distressed denims are another ongoing fashion trend and nothing looks more flattering than pairing it with a basic white tee.
- Another way to style your basic tee is by accessorizing right. Whether it's a floppy hat or pointy heels, throw on some quirky accents to elevate the look.
I have styled my basic tee with an asymmetrical wrap skirt. I love teaming two opposite stuffs together, like in this case a cool and casual tee is paired with this well defined semi-formal skirt. Accessory wise, my new flatform sneakers which I have been wearing everywhere since the day I bought it, and black backpack completed the look.
Happy weekend you all! :)
T-shirt, skirt and sneakers: F21
Backpack and Sunnies: B.k. Market