Today's post is all about breaking the rules. Remember how you were told to avoid horizontal stripes as it makes you look bigger. Well, it turns about to be one of the many fashion myths. In fact, this particular striped midi dress made me look thinner and taller. The myth here is that the horizontal stripes draw the attention across your body, making you look wider rather than the vertical stripes which elongates one's body. Believe it or not, horizontal stripes look flattering on all body types when styled the right way. Here are a few ways to stripe it right:
- The trick here is to opt for the right silhouette, and print according to your body type. Taller girls can wear a striped maxi dress or jumpsuit, but for petites, short dress or tucked in shirt with horizontal stripes will work well.
- A striped garment should be chosen in such a way that it draws attention to your best assets like a bodycon dress on an hourglass body or a relaxed dress on fuller body type.
- One can always layer a striped outfit with a bright blazer or a denim jacket to break the horizontal stripe pattern.
- You can also opt for chevron stripes instead of the normal straight ones to make it more fun.
- Don't shy away from colored stripes, they are great for summers.
- For those who are still in two minds whether to try this trend, take baby steps, add monochrome striped heels or a handbag to your wardrobe.
Hope you all like the look.
Have a great week ahead. :)
Dress, shoes, bag: B.k.Market
Sunnies: Forever New