Today I present you all my Valentine's outfit.
The spotlight of today's outfit is midi skirt. Midi Skirts are huge this season and a must-have in one's closet but styling it can be tricky. Being petite, I wasn't sure whether I would ever be able to carry a midi skirt. But being a rebel, I did my research and found the perfect midi skirt for my body type.
Also, this happens to be my first outfit in Pantone Color of the year "Marsala" and I'm loving the color already so much. Gotta add more of Marsala to my wardrobe. :D
So here are a few tips and tricks on how to rock a midi skirt like a pro:
- Always opt for a midi skirt which ends just below your knee and not at your mid calf. The thing with the midis ending on your mid calf are that they make your legs look short and stumpy if you are short or even have an average height.
- Go for A-line skirt which defines your waistline. Add a belt for a more distinct look. It will not only flatter your curves, but also shift the attention from the hips.
- Choose a light fabric like mesh, net, chiffon or lace. It will make you look slimmer and will not weigh you down. The midi skirt I'm wearing is in lace with pretty pleats.
- Add up a few inches by pairing the midi with your favorite high heels. Choosing a nude or a color closer to your skin tone will elongate your legs.
- Pair the midi skirt with a well structured top. In my case I have paired it with a boxy crop top in baby pink which is from the same color family as the maroon skirt.
- Add a chunky neck-piece to balance the look. I have added a blue statement neckpiece to break the monotonous color coordinated look.
In this look, I felt lady like for the first time in my life. :)